A few weeks ago we wrote about the extensive updates to the CURIE Knowledge Graph (reaching 1 billion data-driven and literature-mined relations) and a new Data Resources framework integrating and semantically indexing thousands of biomedical datasets within the Data4Cure Biomedical Intelligence® Cloud platform.
The Biomedical Intelligence® Cloud comes pre-populated with a large number of semantically-linked datasets and analyses specific to NAFLD and NASH. These resources are continuously expanded using additional public data sources as well as internal data sources that are partner-specific.
These NASH and NAFLD data form the basis for advanced contextual analyses using a broad collection of system biology and machine learning tools available on the platform. Together, these tools help researchers zoom-in on high-confidence drug targets and biomarkers that are supported by tens of datasets instead of just one or two.
Semantically-linked data and literature at your fingertips
The CURIE Entity Pages for NASH and NAFLD allow the users to quickly find disease-related resources, including
- Data Resources spanning public and internal datasets
- Data Evidence Matrix summarizing data-driven evidence for disease-related genes, pathways, diseases and drugs
- Literature Evidence Matrix summarizing literature evidence through direct and indirect associations derived by NLP
Powerful and intuitive integrative systems-level analysis with network and pathway map integration
The data can be quickly analyzed and interpreted in the context of comprehensive repositories of molecular pathway and networks.
- Network and pathway views directly integrated with multi-omics and literature evidence from thousands of datasets and millions of publications
- Spanning over 20 molecular pathway and network domains
- Richly-annotated, context-specific and causal pathways
Advanced biomedical intelligence apps and services
Specialized apps on the platform (examples below) support more advanced and targeted analyses of NASH and NAFLD data (please contact us for a complete list of apps currently available)
- Network and Pathway Intelligence (target, biomarkers, MoA)
- Disease Subtypes
- Predictive Models of Drug Response/Resistance
- Multidimensional Cohort Analysis
- Cell-type Deconvolution and Single-cell Analysis
Informing NASH/NAFLD R&D pipelines with data-driven and literature-based intelligence
Intelligent apps and services utilizing semantically-linked data and literature support a wide range of pharmaceutical R&D applications, including
- Target discovery and validation
- Biomarker identification
- Disease subtyping
- Mechanism of action studies
- Breadth of efficacy studies
- Drug repositioning
- Rational drug combinations
This is just one more small example of moving beyond analyzing one dataset at a time to leveraging thousands of semantically-linked datasets available on the platform to test hypotheses or gain new data-driven insights into a disease of interest.
For examples in other disease areas, take a look at our recent post on analyzing inflammatory bowel disease and mapping immunotherapy resistance pathways. We will provide new case studies with other recent data sources in future posts in the weeks to come.
Now let’s turn data into cures.
Interested in discussing these or other case studies using the Data4Cure platform? We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com. Let us know how we can help and let’s turn data into cures!
— The Data4Cure Team.